Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
That is one of the few setups I've seen with the equalizer correctly preloaded.....looks like the Commander doesn't even know it is attached....looks good.

A lift would work fine.....you just have to drop the ball adaptor on your drawbar to compensate.

What is the trailer weight and tongue weight? Just curious.

Rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is one of the few setups I've seen with the equalizer correctly preloaded.....looks like the Commander doesn't even know it is attached....looks good.

A lift would work fine.....you just have to drop the ball adaptor on your drawbar to compensate.

What is the trailer weight and tongue weight? Just curious.

Rob
Thanks I can't really take credit for the equalizer setup. I took this pic when I was on the way home from picking the trailer up at the dealer and they showed me how to set it up correctly. The trailer weighs 4780 lbs dry and the tongue is 550 lbs. The gross weight is 7500 on the trailer but I don't ever plan on loading it down that much. The Commander does a good job towing it. The day I brought it home it was pretty windy and I had to go over two major mountain passes one at 11600' the other at 10600' and I was really impressed with how well the Commander pulled. When you get a good cross wind it moves you around a bit but not enough to make you too nervous. And yes I did get a sway control setup too. Not really gonna lift the Commander anytime soon it just looks like it's gonna scrape on a speed bump compared to the trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice setup. I'm sure the 5.7 is better out there, though I had no issues towing with my 4.7 over mountains when I lived out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice setup. I'm sure the 5.7 is better out there, though I had no issues towing with my 4.7 over mountains when I lived out there.
Thanks I'm really happy with it. I haven't had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a 4.7 but I wanted as much towing power as I could get when I bought the Commander because I knew I was going to be getting a travel trailer. I'm sure the 4.7 is no slouch though the Hemi is just a thirsty beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts