Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum so thanks for the help. I have been experiencing loss of all audio intermittantly over the last few months. Usually, i can disconnect the battery and everything resets. Well, now its been 3 days and multiple tries and I think my Amp may finally be toast. Fuses are all intact. THis used to only happen after it rained but now its just happening whenever. All advice will be appreciated.
-Josh
2006 Commander LTD 4x4 6 disc BA system. Rear DVD system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had a Grand Cherokee come into the shop one time and it was due to a water leak in the rear window that was dripping onto the amp inside the rear side panel, take a look at it, if there is rust you know your problem. Most likely the water over time is just doing more and more damage

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Had a Grand Cherokee come into the shop one time and it was due to a water leak in the rear window that was dripping onto the amp inside the rear side panel, take a look at it, if there is rust you know your problem. Most likely the water over time is just doing more and more damage
This same situation happened in my commander as well. However i was still under warranty. If it has been intermittent i don't think it would be a water issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I am well out of warranty. I guess the next step is a new amp. Should I consider a factory replacement or an aftermarket one? I assume an aftermarket one will require splicing wires...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I am well out of warranty. I guess the next step is a new amp. Should I consider a factory replacement or an aftermarket one? I assume an aftermarket one will require splicing wires...?
where would you find the amp in a 2007 Commander? I have the same issue. Have power to my NAV unit but no sound at all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
where would you find the amp in a 2007 Commander? I have the same issue. Have power to my NAV unit but no sound at all.

Thanks.
Jeep5253 answered that question for you on your other thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI update on my original post..... Found someone selling a facory BA amp on ebay for 18 bucks!.. I bought it and plugged it in and bingo, it worked so my original amp was in fact toast. The amp practically looks like its sealed so I cant see how it went bad. Either way, its fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts