Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Jeep Commander. The check engine light came on. Autozone said it was idling to high. Idle should be around 600 rpm’s, right? It was normal. Drove 50 miles and the light went out. No problems etc. The Jeep sat idle since April 2020 until I bought it 2 weeks ago. Could it just have needed the engine to blow out the yucky stuff from not being driven? Seems fine

·
Administrator
7,992 Posts
I have a 2008 Jeep Commander. The check engine light came on. Autozone said it was idling to high. Idle should be around 600 rpm’s, right? It was normal. Drove 50 miles and the light went out. No problems etc. The Jeep sat idle since April 2020 until I bought it 2 weeks ago. Could it just have needed the engine to blow out the yucky stuff from not being driven? Seems fine
@janddg2 ;

It's possible;

Normal idle should be around 750 rpms - depending on which powertrain you have;

Please read the 1st post of the New Member Required Reading thread below & complete your user profile signature as directed;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

If you need help taking care of this, let me know and I'll give you a hand with it.

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts