1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
Nothing compares to a Commander !

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thats Helpful ^^ but it is correct. Due to the new grands being 4 wheel independent and also costing upwards of 45k for a top of the line, i would re-consider your option to get rid of the commander. Granted the new Diesel grand is a great idea in the overland with air ride.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Tough to find something with elsd on front and rear now. The closet size/performance might be the lr4. The closet performance/price might be a new grand c.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7l engine. Couldn't be happier. Takes a couple of days to get used to the design difference between the Commander I traded and the Grand.
The electronics, 8.4" Nav screen and all the bells and whistles are really a treat. I thought the Commander was well equiped but this new stuff is phenomenal.
I loved my Commander but sooner or later most in here will trade it off for something newer with all the latest gadgets.
You can still get 12-14 grand for your Commander which will soften the blow when you see the price of the Grand Cherokee.
HT

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought the 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7l engine. Couldn't be happier. Takes a couple of days to get used to the design difference between the Commander I traded and the Grand.
The electronics, 8.4" Nav screen and all the bells and whistles are really a treat. I thought the Commander was well equiped but this new stuff is phenomenal.
I loved my Commander but sooner or later most in here will trade it off for something newer with all the latest gadgets.
You can still get 12-14 grand for your Commander which will soften the blow when you see the price of the Grand Cherokee.
HT
Those new grands do have their upsides, the diesel puts out a whopping 420 ft lb's a torque and a few people have fit 35's on the stock trailhawk edition.

Funny enough though, my next vehicle is definitely gunna be an older rig, like a CJ Scrambler or Suzuki Samurai. I've never been big on all the little "gadgets" as it just seems to be more things that can break and only be fixed by the stealership, but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Have you considered a Wrangler Sport? Either a four banger or the awesome in-line six would be inexpensive and easy to maintain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts