·
Registered
577 Posts
I hope that was a rental! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
RedRocker said:
If I ever take my JC off road, I hope some dude in a bright orange shirt moves the big rocks out of my way.
He is just road building, you have to do it when you offroad in rocks. Cool video:)

·
Registered
456 Posts
If that wasn't a rental that guy had to have no idea what he was going to be in for on that course. A new stock GC on rocks...? However, it did pretty well. I would have recommended a lift :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Either he has money to throw away, or he's an idiot. I would never take a new, STOCK, WK out on trails like that. Sure, it's a great way to really learn your vehicle, but you're just in for a lot of damage. You have to know your vehicle, and know the trails, before doing stuff like this.

But whatever... not my ride... so more power to him.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sciron4x4 said:
Either he has money to throw away, or he's an idiot. I would never take a new, STOCK, WK out on trails like that. Sure, it's a great way to really learn your vehicle, but you're just in for a lot of damage. You have to know your vehicle, and know the trails, before doing stuff like this.

But whatever... not my ride... so more power to him.
You sound like your angry at him or something. :D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Definitely would have gotten a lift before, but he made it. Good on him.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I think he did fine, just a little bumper dings here and there. I'd take my XK there. But, the video does emphasize the need for better bumpers on the XK, something that allows more angle coming off the bumps.

·
Registered
512 Posts
OW OW OW OW!That hurt me just to watch it! But then again a few creases gives it character ...right?-43:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not really fair to call him an idiot. He bought it, he can do what he wants. I took my stock XK on some rocky terrain before any mods. You just have to be smart when considering risk vs what you're willing to damage.

FWIW you stand a better chance damaging something getting stuck in mud or having your engine bay covered in mud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts