Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with ignition issues. Every once in a while, it will not start. When the key is turned, it makes several attempts to start making a lot of clicking noises and eventually stopping. If allowed to sit for a while or try a lot of restart attempts, it will eventually start with no issues. Most of the time, it will not repeat the problem for a week or two, but when it does, it seems to be a few days in a row. Battery was replaced about six months ago. Would take it to the dealership, but its so hit or miss, they probably wouldn't find it. Any advice will is appreciated

2008 Jeep Commander Sport
v6

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Heres what comes to mind:

Starter solenoid.

Has the alternator been checked?

Yellow wire on the starter often causes no start. The connection corrodes.

·
1,993 Posts
Yellow wire on the starter often causes no start. The connection corrodes.
I would start with this its free. I had the same problem but decided for the effort of getting to the wire to clean it and my Jeep being 8 years old I just replaced the starter. Figured at the age of the starter it was worth just replacing.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I agree on checking the yellow wire on the starter. Jeep replaced my starter three times before they figured it out. I had a new wiring harness installed. This happened to me in 06 and have not had a problem since. As I remember starter was cheap, but not an easy job to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts