Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away and without a Commander for 5 years. My previous Commander was a well optioned 2007 Sport.

As if today, I have a 2006 Limited with a 5.7L. The best news is that it only has 56,800 miles on it!

I will post a pic soon when it is light outside. I loved my '07 but had to part with it due to finances. I will bd surfing the site to see what is new. I put a lift kit on my '07 but will probably leave the Limited as is for a bit. First thing will be a Bluetooth radio.

I have to figure out how to get the best fuel economy with the Hemi. My '07 was the 4.7L.

Anyhow, glad to be back and find some new or old friends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome back rocks, I have an 06 4.7 and from what I have read there is not much difference in MPG between the two which really means they both suck. But who buys an XK for economy?

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I've been away and without a Commander for 5 years. My previous Commander was a well optioned 2007 Sport.

As if today, I have a 2006 Limited with a 5.7L. The best news is that it only has 56,800 miles on it!

I will post a pic soon when it is light outside. I loved my '07 but had to part with it due to finances. I will bd surfing the site to see what is new. I put a lift kit on my '07 but will probably leave the Limited as is for a bit. First thing will be a Bluetooth radio.

I have to figure out how to get the best fuel economy with the Hemi. My '07 was the 4.7L.

Anyhow, glad to be back and find some new or old friends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Welcome back.

Post some pics of your XK when you're able.

Also, some things here have changed during your hiatus from the forum;

Please read the below announcement and update your profile accordingly - and you will probably have to log in from a desk-top or lap-top computer to do it properly;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/announcements.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully my profile has everything it needs now. That was mildly painful. I couldn't get the phone number link to work. Also, the link you provided was just a teaser announcement from 2005. Was there something else I should be reading?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone tell me how to get my profile pic changed? I have reduced the size but my old pic keeps coming up. I have checked the delete box.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems like I got everything figured out.

As I posted originally, I just picked up this '06 on Thursday. I'm still trying to go through the manual and figure out all of the options. My '07 Sport did not have all of these options.

We attended an "admitted students day" at the U of Ill yesterday. I was a little nervous taking a new-to-me vehicle on the trip so soon after buying it. That faded quickly. I forgot how much I loved the ride quality, seat comfort, etc. I was very happy with my purchase and hope it stays that way for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
That faded quickly. I forgot how much I loved the ride quality, seat comfort, etc. I was very happy with my purchase and hope it stays that way for a long time.
As long as you keep up with your maintenance, you should be fine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice!! I love my commander, even more so now since the wife just got a CRV so the commander is ALL MINE haha.

Got some things I need to do to it before I’m really happy lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts