Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew,

After 5 weeks of living in La Place Louisina, taking care of my dads final business, I am now back in Illinois trying to re-acclimate to the cold....again.
I was really moved by all the kind words you all wrote to me after I let everyone know he had passed away.
So, thanks gang, that was really a moving experience for me.

As always, the Commander performed flawlessly.
I generally operate between 65/70 mph and this netted a steady 21 mpg.

On the return trip, I towed his 98 Monte Carlo back to Illinois using a tow dolly from U-Haul.
I kept it between 55/60 and this resulted in a 17.7 reading on the trip computer and 17.4 by calculator.
I was rather impressed.
Admittedly the car was riding in the Jeeps draft, but still, with all the rolling resistance, I thought it was pretty good!
Anyways, again, thanks for all the kind words.
I,ve really missed the forum and the info it provides.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Welcome back, Robby. I know I missed you and I am sure a lot of others did, too. Time will never heal your loss completely, but it will get easier. Just remember the good times. I'm afraid my time for this experience is not in the too distant future.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Glad to have you home again.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Happy to hear your XK didn't let you down and your home again. :)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Welcome back!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Welcome back...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey Rob,
Sorry about your loss.
I make the trip down to LA several times a year, and I never see the numbers you did and towing the best I could do was 12.5 before lift. Always run speed limit. BTW how did you like 55 when you hit the LA line?? Hard to build hwy in a swamp:)
Welcome back

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ba-boom....ba-boom....ba-boom.....ba-boom.....ba-boom.....ba-boom etc. on and on.
Would that be what you are referring to?
Or, with trailer, ba-boom-boom.....ba-boom-boom.....ba-boom-boom....on and on.
Actually it becomes bearable once south of Hammond and on the causeway. The intensity of the grade changes becomes a bit more tolerable.

Rob

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome back... robby nice to meet you

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Welcome back, Robby.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts