Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone i finally made an account lol.im brad btw. I just purchased a 06' jeep commander today and its amazing!! ive already planned on doin a few things with it outside and inside so any suggestions would be great! :smokin:

·
Registered
149 Posts
It all depends on how you plan on using your Commander. Is it going to stay on pavement 100% of the time? Do you use it for towing large loads? etc.

As you will see on here, a lot of members have their Jeeps slightly lifted (2-2.5") and some larger tires (255 or 265's). Even if you don't need the additional clearance, it levels out the stance of the Jeep and makes it look less like a grocery-getter, but then again, different strokes for different folks.

I would encourage checking out the "MyGarage" area and look at as many photos as possible to get some ideas. Regardless of what direction you decide to go in, you have a great slate to start with, as far as engine size and the limited package.

Congrats on your new ride and let the mods begin!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06 commander limited

Yea thanks! I wanna keep it as clean as possible 24/7 (unless my girl wants to go offroad lol) but yea i thought about the rough country 2in lift cuz its cheap. and i really want some 20's on it so i think 275/55/20 will fit perfectly. im goin tomorrow to get my windows tinted and put some rain guards on it. nah i dont plan on hauling anything. theres only one other commander in my town and its my good friend. i think hes jealous now ;) :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel free to post yur own pics

ha i know right? ...and for the inside lol.. i already have an amp so now i just need a good 12 inch sub (like a JL) inside a ported box and i thought about blue LED's like at the floor and a double-Din Touchscreen for my dash.. Then maybe if my dad hasnt killed me yet for spending all my money ill figure out a way to make my yellow reflectors that stick out of the headlight either clear or black. i really dont like the orangy-yellow anyone know what i ca do to change it and cheap???

·
Registered
149 Posts
Unfortunately it's not as simple as removing two screws and replacing the orange lens with a tinted or clear lens, as it is on most vehicles.

You have two options, both of which are very cheap.

1.) Tinted film. You can buy pre-cut film online or buy a roll of film and cut your own. It can be difficult to apply without any bubbling, due to the contour of the light, but you can simply pull it off if you aren't happy with the end result. You could also have your local tint shop apply it.

2.) Nite Shade, which is a translucent spray tint. I have used this on a few vehicles and have been very happy with the results. Here is a picture that shows my tinted front signals and rear brake lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tinted my Yellow signals too. used a product similar to nite shade, took me less then an hour and the results were great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts