Jeep Commander Forum banner

I'm rubbing!

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  luckyse7ens 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to get something aggressive and bought some mayhems with 265/50/20 wheels tire setup. it's exactly how I want it to look but rubs on the plastic during parking turn. What is cheapest way to fix , spacers, alignment, lift, cut the fenders, I'm here because I have heard everything so maybe this group that isn't making money tells me what the deal is. I'm also cool with the answer of "it's rubbing plastic on hard turns its all good leave it
alone."

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's not bottoming out I would think adding spacers or just living with the rub would be all right. Or you could see where it rubs and try to heat up the liner and bend it out of the way.

#3 ·
Rubbing the front of the fender flare or the plastic in the rear of the wheel well? If you want it to stay low to the ground, then trim the front fender flare or do the pinch weld mod depending on where its rubbing, or both. Otherwise, put a spacer lift on it.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply folks. it only rubs on white plastic flare and plastic fender liner. When you guys talk about spacers is that in the struts (front suspension) or on the knuckle underneath? Thanks again for the replies and no it does not bottom out not even on bumps only rubs on a turn similar to parking so Cadillac turns it is right now

#5 ·
Most people run the rough country/rocky road/rustys off road style spacer lift. which goes between the top of the strut and the body. They are all basically the same.

There are also clevis lifts ("Heavy metal" brand on ebay IIRC) which extends the bracket @ the bottom of the strut and attaches to the LCA. These tend to be advertised as 3"+ lifts, although I don't think any of them are good for that much in the front.

They all "level" the vehicle to some degree, so the front is lifted more than the rear.

If its rubbing on the back of the fender liner than you can just do the pinchweld mod...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.