Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen sales figures but in my neck of the woods I have started to see Commanders all over. In my subdivision alone there are 4 now including mine. This is in a community with 130 houses.

On Tuesday on about a 45 min drive I was passed or passed by 3 others on the freeway. Quite a change from a month or so ago when I was always alone or so it seemed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
After seeing none at all locally since late December, I've seen two, one yesterday*, and one today. So it's starting.

*This one waved back - is there a secret wave for the vehicle??

·
Registered
209 Posts
In my area I haven't seen any on the road but there again it is a brand new vehicle so they should start showing up on the streets. Does anyone know what DC thinks the sales figures will be for this vehicle?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I haven't seen many on the roads yet...Probably less than 15 since I bought it in Sept. 2005.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went into In and Out Burger 20 miles away from my house and the guy behind the counter said he saw me on the freeway in the commander , told me he has a cj and how much he likes my ride. I've seen a few around and talked to one owner that grinned from ear to ear with happiness at owning it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Jim Archer said:
After seeing none at all locally since late December, I've seen two, one yesterday*, and one today. So it's starting.

*This one waved back - is there a secret wave for the vehicle??
There is the Jeep wave... as a Commander owner you must wave to all CJs and Wranglers. I am not sure who has to wave at you first.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've seen two in the Seattle area but my wife has spotted as many as two in one day.
I also found a new one at work, light-khaki.

·
Registered
96 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
There is the Jeep wave... as a Commander owner you must wave to all CJs and Wranglers. I am not sure who has to wave at you first.
This is true, it is called "Jeep Etiquette". I was thinking about this the other day, whenever I am in my Rubicon and pass other CJ's, YJ's, or TJ's we always exchange the customary wave. I instinctively do it to other Jeepers when I am in my wife's Commander, but I have noticed that I almost never have the wave reciprocated...

To all Jeep owners: It is horribly rude to not wave at a fellow Jeeper!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just completed a round trip between San Antonio and Fort Worth, including two days in Ft. Worth, and did not see a single Commander on the road/street. This is surprising considering how long this vehicle has been available. Saw many Grand Cherokees and quite a few Wranglers. Several Libertys also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I usually see 1 or 2 on my 15 minute drive to work each day. We could hardly get them just two months ago, now we have more Commanders in stock then any other Jeep.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Heh, after never seeing one, an almost identical one to mine pulled in behind me at the valet area of a hotel. We exchanged congratulations, laughed at a Hummer, and went about our day. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh, and btw, no other Jeep owner has waved or otherwise acknowleged me - but then, at a Jeep event this weekend, many other Jeep owners mentioned that this was the first look they had gotten of an XK, so perhaps it's not being recognized on the road.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Man, any other Jeep owner has to recognize this as a Jeep especially if they are approaching from the front. I have seldom, if ever, received waves from other Jeep drivers unless I was in a CJ or Wrangler and they were in a CJ or Wrangler. The exception being if I was off road in the boonies. But then just about everyone acknowledges anyone else who is out there regardless of what they are driving.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Its about 50% of the time if a guy is driving the JC they give me a wave, women never do, and once in a parking garage I was passing a guy in his JC and he gave me a dirty look. Maybe he doesn't want anyone but himself to have one? so so selfish:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I parked my light khaki Commander next to an identical one in a suburban mall parking lot the other day, except for the fact that mine is a V-8 and the other one was the V-6. When I saw that space open up, I thought it would be fun to mess with the other owner by sidling on in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've seen one Khaki Commander in Tulsa and one White one in Broken Arrow. The dealerships are starting to get them in the Tulsa area. They were pretty scarce for a while. I had to go to Claremore (about 25 miles away) to buy my White Limited back in December.

·
Registered
96 Posts
JoeTampa said:
Oh, and btw, no other Jeep owner has waved or otherwise acknowleged me - but then, at a Jeep event this weekend, many other Jeep owners mentioned that this was the first look they had gotten of an XK, so perhaps it's not being recognized on the road.
The Commander has the same distinctive seven-slot grille as all other Jeeps... It would be very hard to recognize.

BTW, our dealership services the Ft Worth area, and Commander sales are definitely on the rise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts