Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
XKJeep06 said:
To all members, when you first drove YOUR XK/Commander, what statement are you telling everyone -- (more like "What Your Car Says About You") --?
I think one of the big reasons I like the Commander is because it has the same look/feel of the classic Land Rovers and the G series Benz and of course the XJ.

It conveys class and good taste and is a little understated - unlike the Hummer line. It's kind of like old money vs. new money.

I have always liked the Discovery but really wanted an American nameplate so I was thrilled when the Commander came out because it's like now we have our own Disco/LR3.

It's a design that will still be fresh looking in a old school kind of way for a long time. True off-roaders have always been somewhat of a box on wheels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
RedCommander said:
My Commander says "I will not bow to your tree hugging hippie environmentalist pipedreams". And my skull hitch receiver says with its glowing red eyes "don't rearend me for I am death itself"
Nicely put, my skull hitch eyes don't glow though. Damn!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have always wanted a jeep. Especially this one. It isnt a cookie-cutter SUV. I love their name, what they stand for, and their capabilities. It is the perfect size for me. Not too big and not too small.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm with you walkjon. We were stuck between the MB ML350 or the Commander. We bought the Commander cause people don't look at it like they do a Mercedes. Same money, more understated.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That its small enough to get places other SUVs can't, and that its powerful enough to both tow things and eat hybrids for lunch.

That and eviro-hippies can kiss my a$$ as well. I love driving around Boulder with my Hydrocarbon Powered Eco Vehicle sticker and getting the strange looks.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I didn't get mine for image or to make a statement, I got mine to haul 5 kids and a wife out into the middle of nowhere, where few else could go... and leave them there (jk).

I think if we're going to go play, everyone should get to ride along! If we're going to roll down the side of a mountain, by god, we'll do it as a family dammit! And the sunroof and rear-skylights will give everyone a nice view of the fish once we hit the water. Like a non-watertight submarine.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Fohn_Jargo said:
I am rugged, yet refined.

I know what I can do and don't have to be driving 6 feet higher than you to prove it.
100% behind this statement. I want to go out and have fun but do it with class and comfort at the same time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
rwmorrisonjr...I have the same sticker on the back of mine!!! It gets great looks from those that don't understand!

I bought mine because of the "old school" looks with all of the rugged, go anywhere, do anything attitude of a jeep. I also bought it for all of the built in safety for my family of 5 and my golden retreiver.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
4 Kids, a wife, 50,000 miles a year....I wanted a reliable, well designed piece of the USA!

Enough Said :)

Si

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love being told that I can't do something and I have always wanted a Jeep with a V8. Now I have a very capable jeep and It's gotta a HEMI. I have had many vehicle in the past to include 2 TJ's. I love the luxary, strength, torgue, and sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh yeah and the way it drives in the snow if you turn of the traction control!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Our commander is the wife's daily driver. Wanted something that sits her up a bit higher, still easy to get in and out of, good room for our 2 kids, plus a couple of their friends if need be, it looks great, and I'm not embarrassed to drive it when we go somewhere as a family at nights or on weekends (I HATED driving her lexus RX-- total chick car).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts