Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps has anyone got a pic of the inside of the fuel flap. I cant find anywhere to put the cap when refuelling so my cap and keys dangle onto the bodywork. I assume theres a bit missing, but need a pic to find out.

Can anyone oblige?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
There is no holder for the cap. It just hangs by the tether.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, kinda sucks on a premium 4x4 though as I've already scratched it. Think I'll probably cut the plastic lead then, so I can totally take it off. Its a PITA what with having to leave the keys in to remove the cap.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
What do you mean by having the keys in to remove the cap ?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I'm thinking you have an aftermarket locking gas cap ? Or do they come stock in the UK ?

I have one, and after I turn the key to unlock it and turn the cap slightly, I remove the key.
My key is attached to ring with a funky looking notched wedged plastic device I then use to keep the gas lever squeezed on the nozzles that don't let you use the "auto fill" . Attached to the wedge also makes it harder for me to misplace or forget the key !!

I don't need the key to re-install the cap.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah noticed the hook the 2nd time i filled it up, we'll see how it goes. I assume its the standard cap that you put key in turn 90 degress then turn cap to the left to remove. The manual didn't say take the key out so I didn't. Still a bit of lousy design though, but cheers for the link for the stick on holder. I'll let someone else tries it first ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts