Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first pic is of Bridal Veil Falls with the Power House on the cliff. This is just above Telluride. It is the second oldest Power Plant of its kind. The first oldest is near here also the Ames Power Plant!

Imogene Pass the second highest Pass in Colorado 13,114 ft. The views from here are like flying.

The Red Mountains are just 1/4 mi East of Imogene Pass.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Outstanding. We went last year. That is one of the greatest parts of the country.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Amazing views!

Nice to see you took your dog with you. :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Man, oh man I wish I'd been there too. I was going to go, but things just kept going to crap for me, and I canceled the trip.

You must've done Black Bear Pass for the power house, how was that? (I've heard/read horror stories)

In 2009, during a Jeep Summit, we were on top of Imogene when a thunder storm moved in. That was exciting and scary, then while heading down the other side, the rain was pounding.

At the bottom, there were some very miserable looking tourists in the back of touring Jeeps, and a couple of bicyclists huddled under a plastic tarp near an old mine. The tourists were glaring at us, we, who of course, were in our plush Commanders, heated leather seats nice 'n' warm. And, they paid good money to be wet and miserable in the open. :) (The Jeep tour drivers were in half cabs and dry)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Black Bear was good as usual. Been down there before.
I put some pics on the picture media post, scroll down to Black Bear. The weather was good and sunny each time.
Nothing like Jeepin in style. The last time we were out there was a big hail storm, I told some friends who were on ATVs that got cold and wet that the hail was interfering with our Satellite radio. They didn't think that was too funny. At that point they were ready to trade seats.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Adondo I see you got a 67 Chevy!!! We have a 64 Chevy 4x4 long bed in the garage here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts