Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking to buy a in dash flip screen, and someone mentioned to me that there was a wire that was supposed to be hooked up so that the dvd player will not work while you are driving(or when vehicle is out of park). The reason for this is because the insurance company is not liable for any damages done to your vehicle just because of this wire not being hooked up, because you could watch it while youre driving. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stocker said:
i was looking to buy a in dash flip screen, and someone mentioned to me that there was a wire that was supposed to be hooked up so that the dvd player will not work while you are driving(or when vehicle is out of park). The reason for this is because the insurance company is not liable for any damages done to your vehicle just because of this wire not being hooked up, because you could watch it while youre driving. Has anyone ever heard of this?
the flipouts come with a wire that has to be run to the parking brake negative. What happens is when the brake is pulled it then commpletes the circuit. the tv senses that the vehicles ebrake is pulled (THEREFORE you couldnt possibly be driving ;) ) and allows you to watch video.

the easy bypass of that is to ground the unit instead of hooking to that wire. IF you have an alpine fliput its a little more indepth ;) I have the directions if youd like, but it takes a toggle and a momentary switch. easy enough.

doug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts