Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the past few weeks I got the lift installed on the Commander. About a week later I installed the wheel spacers and new tires. The first vibrations I noticed was when I got the new tires installed. It was odd because it wouldn't be much noticeable one day but the next it was pretty drastic. I put up with this for a week and it keep getting gradually worse. Going back to the tire shop they said 2 were out of balance a little and rebalanced.

For about a week, she ran smooth. Now in the past few days I have noticed an off and on vibration at higher speeds. If the vibrations were directly related to speed I would have no about it is a tire balance issue, but changing day to day I just cannot figure out.

Anyone experience this before or have any ideas?

Oh, the tires I ended up getting are Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

·
Registered
953 Posts
Which lift? What size tires? I have the same tires currently, but I guess any tire can come out of production with defects.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did the wheel spacers make it noticeably worse?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Wheel spacer won't cause that issue if torqued properly

·
Registered
210 Posts
X2 on the torque but if they extended distance from wheel to suspension it could certainly make the issue worse.... That will rule out if its a wheel issue or suspension issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the OME HD lift. Tires are 265/65/18 on factory wheels using the Spidertrax 1.5" spacers.

For the past several days it has been fine even at interstate speeds. It just seems on occasion i get a bad vibration as if the tires are out of balance.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Might want to get the tire balance checked. Did you get them balanced at the dealer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts