Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your driver's side window doesn't "Auto-Up" (if equiped), check your brake lights. This has happened to me twice.

I thought the switch was shorting out. Then my wife told me my right brake light was out. A few days later I noticed that the window was working again. I didn't put it together, but recently the window wasn't auto-upping again. A day later my wife told me the driver's side brake light was out. Then the light above my head went on. I replaced the bulb and Wah Lah, the window worked again.

-Rob

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wanna say coincidence. My windows did the same thing and had to be reprogrammed which is done by running the window all the way down, then hold the switch all the way up and hold for a few seconds after it hits the top. After doing that my windows worked fine again. Since owning mine Ive had that happen a few times and not a single bulb has burnt out on me yet.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
I replaced the bulb and Wah Lah, the window worked again.

-Rob
Voila

Main Entry: voi·là
Variant(s): or voi·la \vwä-ˈlä\
Function: interjection
Etymology: French, literally, see there
Date: 1739
—used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanna say coincidence. My windows did the same thing and had to be reprogrammed which is done by running the window all the way down, then hold the switch all the way up and hold for a few seconds after it hits the top. After doing that my windows worked fine again. Since owning mine Ive had that happen a few times and not a single bulb has burnt out on me yet.
I'll try to remember the reprogramming thing. Might be some sort of voltage thing. Don't know. Just that I tested the window right before and after the bulb change.

Voila

Main Entry: voi·là
Variant(s): or voi·la \vwä-ˈlä\
Function: interjection
Etymology: French, literally, see there
Date: 1739
—used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic
Yeah, Okay, it was late and I wasn't going to look it up.

-Rob

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is odd and it could be related, not positive since I havent had a bulb go out yet.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Just for the fun of it you could remove the bulb and stick the bad one back in to see if your hypothesis is accurate. You might be able to do it with no bulb at all if you do not still have the bad one.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I agree .... put the blown out bulb back in to repeat the experiment ... and get back to let us know

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still have the bulb. I'll try to get to get to it. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tested it out, and it seems that it might have been a coincidence. I made sure the window worked and turned the key off. I then put in the bad bulb, turned the key on again (not starting engine), tested window, and it still worked. I didn't go crazy with the test as in having the key out of the ignition and open the door for over a minute like resetting the satellite radio.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Still good results, it would have been odd that the two were connected somehow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still good results, it would have been odd that the two were connected somehow.
The truck is "smart", but not that smart. I thought it was one of those things like when the directional flashes faster when a bulb is blown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts