Jeep Commander Forum banner

Injector Flush

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  penguin 
#1 ·
I am going for my 30K service tomorrow am. I have already had the throttel plate cleaned and was wondering what is the injector fulsh? Is it worht the $129 (i think) to have done. I have never had injectors flushed on any other car except maybe ocassionally adding something to the fuel. What are your thoughts.

I also had the axels serviced at a local shop with me supplying the Morpar fulids at a total cost of $159 exactally half of what the dealer wanted.

#3 ·
Re: Injector Fulsh

It's a rip. Just buy some "Techron" at the auto parts store I think it's less then $7.,or use Chevron gas every third tank. I used to work in a BMW shop and saw they used it and charged the customer $100! The shop owner had a 530 with over 225k on it and said all he did was burn Chevron.

#4 ·
Re: Injector Fulsh

I have never had my injectors cleaned on any other vehicle either. My Grand Cherokee is still running great with 180K. But maybe there is something in the design of the fuel injection system that necessitates the procedure? I dunno, modern engines operate with a lot more sophistication these days to squeeze out every MPG or horse power & stay within EPA limits, so who knows. I guess if you don't think you will keep it that long it won't matter. I typically will keep a vehicle for 150-200K so I tend to follow the manual & have never had a engine issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.