Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first of all I would like to thank you for all your discussions as them were useful. I lifted a Jeep Commander xk 3.0 European model, with a super lift kit 4in. Lower and upper arms were changed too, wheels on 35. My problem now is that for wheel alignment I would need longer inner tie rods or somehow longer screw because the nut is at the end and I can fix it no more. How could I solve that ? Thank you very much

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
@jeeplifts; Straight away, I'll tell you that you haven't provided enough information for anybody to try & help you.

First off, some very basic information is needed - What model year is your Commander??

Was your 4 inch Superlift professionally installed? Or did you do it yourself?

Also FYI, Superlift recommends a 33 inch tire (285-70-17's) with the 4 inch Superlift - you obviously went well beyond that with 35 inch tires.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Good question jeeplifts, and thanks for weighing in Big Blue. I’ve got the last of my Commander upgrades being delivered tomorrow and was wondering if I should look at replacing my tie rods as well to ensure I could nail the alignment. My mods will be less extreme though, so maybe tie rod changeout isn’t needed. OME MD suspension front/rear, JBA upper control arms, TRQ lower control arms w/ball joints (mine were worn out), Method 17x8.5 wheels with LT255/70/17 BFG AT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts