Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
There is a youtube video with this and a Wrangler on it. pretty cool, just search jeep commander and you will get a bunch of stuff

·
Registered
541 Posts
I saw a show on the complete modification on HDTV... this commander is heavily modified, they had to cut into the body to make these 40" tires fit. The fenders were custom made. The whole idea of this custom XK was to get "free" advertising at a very exclusive auto show in Vegas (SEMA). An engineer from Chrysler was involved also and the XK was displayed at the Chrysler's booth. I don't think it would be possible to sell any of these parts. Everythign including the front winch was custom made. It is some beautiful vehicle though. Couple of nights before the show, the XK caught fire in the glove compartment and one of the side door panels was damaged.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Dabitz said:
I saw a show on the complete modification on HDTV... this commander is heavily modified, they had to cut into the body to make these 40" tires fit. The fenders were custom made. The whole idea of this custom XK was to get "free" advertising at a very exclusive auto show in Vegas (SEMA). An engineer from Chrysler was involved also and the XK was displayed at the Chrysler's booth. I don't think it would be possible to sell any of these parts. Everythign including the front winch was custom made. It is some beautiful vehicle though. Couple of nights before the show, the XK caught fire in the glove compartment and one of the side door panels was damaged.

You didn't happen to tape the show did you?
I've been trying to get it but the studio doesn't sell them and neither does AEV.

·
Registered
541 Posts
They repeat it once in a while, I'll see if I can DVR it next time is on. I actually had it recorded but my cable company changed my box. Back in the day they also had the actual expedition having the same commander taking on over 6ft of snow... amazing...

Cause of fire if I remember correctly was a bad wire connection behind the glove compartment.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Dabitz said:
They repeat it once in a while, I'll see if I can DVR it next time is on. I actually had it recorded but my cable company changed my box. Back in the day they also had the actual expedition having the same commander taking on over 6ft of snow... amazing...

Cause of fire if I remember correctly was a bad wire connection behind the glove compartment.
That would be awesome if you could catch the next time it's on. I don't get the channels it's shown on. Here's a schedule of AEV projects,
http://www.hifihdtv.ca/schedule.php?station=3&keywords=aev+project&submit.x=50&submit.y=9&submit=submit

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's always nice to have a concept to reach for. From what I have seen from the members here someone will probably come close to making a snow Commander!

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's when they take it to the extremes, over 6ft of snow... they take the XK to a place a vehicle has never gone before. Not sure about making DVD copies for money, I think that would be copyright infringement. I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
They do on the other show. The iceland show will be on in November, but the other show is nowhere to be found. I am sure it will be on again eventually, I'll keep checking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts