Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 08 Commander Sport without a NAV system. I have an aftermarket amp and subwoofer that I used on my last car and I wanted to put that in my Commander. I have heard that if you have the upgraded speakers that the amp comes with the car, but I don't think I have that so I want to install my own. Now I have a few questions:

1. Where would an amp be located if it came with my Jeep?

2. If it didn't come with the amp, would the wiring already be done anyway so it's kinda like plug and play?

3. If not, is there a tutorial anywhere on anything so I can see how to wire my amp to the radio and where to slide the wires to get them to the back of the Jeep?

Thank you =]

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome, there are many threads on similar projects that you might want to check out (this is out of my area of knowledge), but you have come to the right place and before the day is done I am sure you will have several responses with helpful information.

Please check out This Thread.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This might be a little old but I don't seem to remember ANY audio upgrade options at least for the 2006 model. You get 6 speakers all the same with the same wattage no matter what model you get! That's one thing that t's me off. You get a cheap base v6 4x2 and it comes with the same speakers/power as the Limited Hemi comes with.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh yeah and I saw a picture of the amp being under one of the 2nd row passenger seats. I would think that all Commander models have an amp included with the audio system.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
Oh yeah and I saw a picture of the amp being under one of the 2nd row passenger seats. I would think that all Commander models have an amp included with the audio system.
The amp is not under the seats. It is behind the driver's dside panel in the cargo area (in the Limited).

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
This might be a little old but I don't seem to remember ANY audio upgrade options at least for the 2006 model. You get 6 speakers all the same with the same wattage no matter what model you get! That's one thing that t's me off. You get a cheap base v6 4x2 and it comes with the same speakers/power as the Limited Hemi comes with.
The base model and Limited do NOT have the same audio system. The 2006 Limited has the Boston Acoustics system with a 276 watt amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts