Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you with the Flowmaster SUV 50, how much did you pay to have it installed? I'm interested in making this my next mod, but I'd like to have an idea of the total project cost. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Brand does not make a difference (if you asking about installation costs only) I would not think, I paid $75 to have a shop install my Gibson exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Brand does not make a difference (if you asking about installation costs only) I would not think, I paid $75 to have a shop install my Gibson exhaust.
I did my Magnaflow cat-back myself, but is just a bolt on. I think (but not sure) that the Flowmaster 50 is just the exhaust and has to be cut and welded.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Could be, The Gibson is a bolt on but I could not get the factory one off so I paid to have it done and then welded.

·
Registered
127 Posts
To those of you with the Flowmaster SUV 50, how much did you pay to have it installed? I'm interested in making this my next mod, but I'd like to have an idea of the total project cost. Thanks!

Go to Exhaust Pros on Colfax/Dayton area in Aurora. Talk to Ron, very reasonable. Does a good job.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info everyone!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I did my Magnaflow cat-back myself, but is just a bolt on. I think (but not sure) that the Flowmaster 50 is just the exhaust and has to be cut and welded.
You are correct. The Flowmaster 50 is just the muffler. You have to cut off the stock muffler and weld on the Flowmaster muffler. Also the new muffler is approx. 12 inches shorter then the stock muffler so you need a piece of 2 1/2 inch pipe to connect everything.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So what did you pay?
Honestly I cant remember how much I paid. I probablly posted the price in my garage thread or in one of the muffler threads. I think it was somewhere around $60 give or take????????

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
install cost

Airdog - I had a shop at Kipling and Colfax do my install. They've done work before and I was happy with it so I went back. I think I paid too much this time - more on that in a minute.

I had them install the Flowmaster 50 SUV and also had them take off the resonator. I bought the muffler through them. I paid 280 bucks, muffler and labor. I wouldn't consider that too bad (since I can't do that work myself), except I seem to have lost a little midrange power, noticable coming up I-70. If I had seen a power gain, I wouldn't have thought twice about the cost. I know most guys seem happy with the 50 and it sounds great now. I think the muffler was $130 of the cost. Not the best deal to be had, but I got it done over my lunch hour, so it cost me no time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not the Flowmaster, but my Magnaflow was installed down here in the Springs by Buds Muffler and total was $202 - $138 was the muffler alone.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
if it's like the magnaflow i just had installed you have to add a pipe installed because its shorter than the "hot water heater" that is the OEM muffler. I paid 160 for the pipe as well as the weld job at Midas. It was done well and sounds good so I'm happy :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I billed $96 for my exhaust. I think I gained with it. Because the one who installed it is my father. :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
1 Posts
$50-$75 but why stop at just a muffler replacement....would recommend replacement the factory 2.5" diameter exhaust piping also from the 3" output of the Cat Converter all the way to a new chrome tip with new 3" diameter piping to match. 3" Exhaust Pipe is $59 and a 3" HC chrome tip is $99. That way it looks, and not just hears, like you have something under that Commander.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I paid $40 to have the factory muffler cut out and a Magnaflow muffler welded in with pipe to adjust the length since the factory muffler is way bigger than the Magnaflow. I went to Tuffy, solid welds and cheap.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$50-$75 but why stop at just a muffler replacement...
Couple years overdue on the reply, but thanks for the tip...maybe someone else will find it useful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts