Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im running into a problem didnt think an acustic system would cause this much trouble i bought a jensen vm9313 for the commander went smooth till the harnest wasnt correct my subs turned on but no door speakers so i got a harness for the acustic system to bypass the amp no luck the harness was bogus n still had the same problem now i recently am rewireing my door speakers n forget about the fac. amp but before i do that any advice on the factory harnest is it possible to hardwire my wires on the jensen to the factory one n skip the 10hr tourture of redoing everything?????

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I recall from installing a stereo system in my old Durango with an Infinity system, we simply bypassed the factory amp by cutting the wires from the incoming and outgoing harnesses (leaving enough wire on the harness to splice new wire if needed). Using a battery from a cordless drill, we checked the wires from the amp to the speakers, and once the speaker was identified, spliced the wires from the head unit to the wires running to the speaker. Everything goes pretty quick once you get the factory amp out of the way.

You will need an adapter from the head unit to the factory harness (not sure on the cost).

2 reasons for removing the factory amp. First, your aftermarket unit probably has a built-in amp and you would not want to double amplify the speakers. Secondly, the factory amp with both harnesses can be sold on ebay to offset the cost of new equipment (just a suggestion, this is what I ended up doing).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tryed the double harness same outcome for somereason they put all positives to the harness dont kno y it was kinda weird even when i put in my subs was weird already rewired the doors n started on the head unit tho thx for the advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts