Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I installed a RC 2inch lift and now my commander sits .75 to a inch higher in the front. Wondering If I bought new rear shocks that where for a 2 inch lift if it would give me a extra inch to level it with the front ? Any help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Shocks won't add lift however you can add a 1/2 inch lift spacer in the rear which will help level out the Jeep

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I find some rear spacers I see you have a 1/2 inch that's what I would need unless I can find a additional 3/4 inch rear spacer.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I meant to say 1/2 inch rear spacer not 1/4 inch. I got mine from Matt who is a member of the forum. I'll edit my post to fix it to say 1/2 inch spacer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed RC about this and they are saying give it a little time and the front will settle witch doesn't make sense because its a steel coil spacer and nothing would need to settle in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you install the longer version of the Monroe's ? And you had a 2 inch lift correct ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same Issue

I have the same issue with my lift. I measured the spacers and found the front spacers to be 1/4" taller for the front than the back, which should level the jeep. Instead i get about 1" higher in the front. its been this way for about a year and hasn't caused any issues, but now im getting sick of the way it looks. if I cant figure a way to fix it i will probably take the lift out all together. I didnt measure before i put the lift in to see if the jeep was level either.

Has anyone had this problem and figured out a solution?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same issue with an '06 I just bought (RC 2" lift)! Sits maybe an inch high in the front. Any ideas on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have ya'll looked at my earlier post on the monroe load levelers. It even has a write-up by another member explaining the different results with the oem sized ones and the longer F-150 versions that net even more lift. Last time I checked, Matt wasn't plannin on makin' anymore spacers, so the load levelers are the best option I'd say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Psycho, saw your post and link; you're saying you just installed the shocks and got a .75 boost in the rear correct? Dd you install all 4 or just in the rear?

I apologize up front for any stupid questions but coming from a non lifted Cherokee to this platform and lifts its quite a jump.

I'm supposed to close the deal on my Commander today: Black '06, V6 4WD, K&N cold air with hypertech chip, 2.25 RC lift, Yakima rack with spare on top, 255/75/17 BFG mud terrains, 1.25 wheel spacers, class III tow, Rubicon mountain edition wheels, with 82K miles on the Jeep.

Cons: so so black paint job; looks good just isn't your high end job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts