Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed a AEM Brute Force intake on my 4.7 today. The directions were easy to follow and not to hard. It sounds great! Not much at idle. You have to stomp it to get it to sound off. My wife went for the first drive with me she was slightly irratated...I would stomp it slow down and do it gain! The best part was a couple young kids waiting at the light. I got into it and they looked to see what was growling...it was not a mom's suv for sure! I'm on a role, tomorrow my lift goes on.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I love the sound when I get on my AEM too.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Your praise of the system was a contributor to my purchasing of the AEM. I'm not dissapointed!
Thanks, That is still one of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looks good! I also love the sound from it. Now I'm not sure which one I like more my CAI or exhaust. At least it sounds like a V8 should.

Is there any difference between this CAI and K&N's? Or is it just price?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Is there any difference between this CAI and K&N's? Or is it just price?
The difference is minimal I would think (my opinion) between the different CAI's available. It really comes down to brand loyalty and personal preference. I liked the polished look of the AEM.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The difference is minimal I would think (my opinion) between the different CAI's available. It really comes down to brand loyalty and personal preference. I liked the polished look of the AEM.
What about the filter type ? is it oiled like the K&N ? of regular paper filter?

I want to get CIA but being the filter oiled in K&N makes it not option for me due to the dusty weather and environment in Saudi Arabia

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
What about the filter type ? is it oiled like the K&N ? of regular paper filter?

I want to get CIA but being the filter oiled in K&N makes it not option for me due to the dusty weather and environment in Saudi Arabia
The AEM uses a paper filter, not an oil filter.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Thats good,, then is it washable or you just replace it periodically?
It looks washable, I never did as it still looks good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same AEM CAI on my 4.7. I gat a slight whistle when i am cruising around 1500 RPM. Anyone else ever get this and if so any tips on what in could be. I have double checked everything and it is all tight and secure. Any help would greatly appreciated

·
Registered
343 Posts
So Ive had the commander for less than a week now, I figure its about time to do a couple of things.

3. Really excited to put my intake on. Was going to wait, but to change the plugs, I will have to take off the air box, so might as well.

Ill put some pics and some numbers up, any quick tips for me?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the AEM Brute Force in my Dodge Ram for about 4 years. The filter is washable and AEM makes a solution to wash it with. Its pretty easy to wash and I would do it about every 20,000 miles depending on where you live. The solution comes with easy step by step instructions and Im pretty sure you can buy it from jegs.com. Loved the AEM, I have a 3.7 in my commander so I dont have the option to get the AEM. :mad:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have the same AEM CAI on my 4.7. I gat a slight whistle when i am cruising around 1500 RPM. Anyone else ever get this and if so any tips on what in could be. I have double checked everything and it is all tight and secure. Any help would greatly appreciated
I have this problem too any ideas on how to eliminate it??
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got the "whistle" as well - but I've got a self-built 4" from Spectre parts (see my profile for pics). It's actually coming from your throttle body and is related to throttle position/air flow over the VAF (Vane Air Flow). I change the configuration of my intake quite a bit (change angles, length,etc..) and where the filter end is at determines if I hear it at all. W/the stock intake you'll never hear it because of the resonator up top and the stock box @ the bottom.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a question. I am about to install my aem intake on my 4.7 tomorrow but my only concern is since the directions tell you to remove the entire housing for the filter, will that endanger my intake from picking up mud or water? There won't be a bottom cover so I was just wanting to to know if anyone else had this issue.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts