Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a week of battling the flu, I was feeling good and had to do something. -15 below zero...wind howling....so....to the garage! I had already dressed up the engine shroud a little. Tonight I installed my DUB cold air intake. I don't know if I will gain any extra ponies from it, but at the very least I have a little eye-candy under the hood. It was pretty easy to install. After a couple of beers (Alaskan Amber)...viola! Wanted to share the finished product with the forum. Sorry I couldn't share the beer :D

Also, on the engine shroud, I pulled the allen bolt theme (on the interior dash, and fender flares on the Limited, etc.) under the hood by incorporating some chrome allen bolts onto the shroud.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Who is the manufacturer of the cold air intake? I have not seen that kind before. Looks good! Did you paint the shroud as well, or just the chrome bolts? Also I must be getting old, but I have been seeing this word a lot lately and really don't know what it means... What is DUB? Is it just another word for custom?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice looking CAI. I have a chrome AEM on order. Looking at the chrome on yours I am glad I went that direction.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I agree, pretty doggone sharp AK! Nice touch on the shroud...details please.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IronByron said:
Who is the manufacturer of the cold air intake? I have not seen that kind before. Looks good! Did you paint the shroud as well, or just the chrome bolts? Also I must be getting old, but I have been seeing this word a lot lately and really don't know what it means... What is DUB? Is it just another word for custom?
As I know it, DUB is the name of the company. It is a "lifestyle" product line promoted towards the urban hip-hop crowd. They have really nice quality products. Wheels, Cold Air Intakes, a monthly magazine, etc. Thay normally have a major presence at the annual SEMA shows with their vehicles modded with their products. Anyone else feel free to chime in.

Hey, I'm getting old too, but it's not a bad thing!

I did paint the engine shroud Black with high heat paint in the garage with a couple coats of primer underneath, and a few coats of clearcoat on top.

The plasti-chrome strips are part of an engine dress kit. It is basically thin fender-type moulding.

Those are REAL CHROMED allen bolts (around $2.30ea). I got the shortest they had. I taped, measured and drlled holes. Mounted them.

I am no pro and this was my first time trying this. I just kind of let my imagination take over. I will do another and try to improve. I want one with some red accent to tie-in with the cai.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeep5253 said:
Can we please get some bigger pictures?
I tried, but it would only let me post pics under 39.1 kb.

Is there a way to post bigger pics? If so, if someone could/would educate me on how to do it, I will be more than happy to post bigger pics.

·
Registered
132 Posts
IronByron said:
Here are some DUB Websites so you can look around and see:
http://www.dubpublishing.com/

http://www.dubmagazine.com/

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getsome-- Thanks for taking up my slack and posting those.

Everyone , thanks for the compliments. Glad you like the cai and shroud.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Here's my K&N in case anyone is interested.

Finally cleaned up my dirrrrrty engine:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SYCOHEMI said:
Here's my K&N in case anyone is interested.

Finally cleaned up my dirrrrrty engine:

Looks good! After living with my cai a few days, I can definitely tell that I have better throttle response down low ..and boy does this engine roar at WOT! Don't know about mileage yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If your anything like me, you'll never know of mileage increases for a while because you want to keep your foot in it a little longer. I know I do it more than I should just to show up them people who think Im gonna be slow because im big. Do they get a surprise when they can't catch me and get in front of me.lol..

·
Registered
65 Posts
jasonb said:
If your anything like me, you'll never know of mileage increases for a while because you want to keep your foot in it a little longer. I know I do it more than I should just to show up them people who think Im gonna be slow because im big. Do they get a surprise when they can't catch me and get in front of me.lol..
Thats the best part, I love the looks I get when they catch up at stop lights. I would still like a blower or turbo though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes, I understand. The need for more speed. I am always impressed when I push the right pedal all the way to the floor. It makes the most horrible sound..lol..

·
Registered
184 Posts
And so the modification journey begins for me as well...

I just ordered a Airaid CAI and a set of pre-filters. I will be anxious to see how it performs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You may want to know that Air Raid CAI does not require the bottom of the airbox and snorkel removed. MOPAR and K&N CAI requires the OEM airbox removed.

I have installed my Mopar CAI (5.7L Hemi) and is wondering whether or not driving in heavy rain would allow water to reach the filter through the front grill after the air box and snorkel are removed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts