Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed my exhaust today. Not too difficult to do. It does help to have someone to help you but you could do it alone if needed. The directions leave out to remove the right rear tire to help in the removal of the old piece and installation of the new one. You also will need 14mm socket and wrench along with the 15mm socket and wrench. The 15mm removes the old system and the 14mm installs the new one. Just remember to use dishsoap to help in the process of sliding the new mount into the rubber mount.:p And the sound is awesome. Now it sounds like it means business.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't post a sound clip but let me tell you, it sounds awesome. You wouldn't be disappointed if you had it on your vehicle. It also doesn't resonate at different speeds inside.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good Jason, removing the rear tire wasn't in the Magnaflow either. Whats next? Could you post some more on your Hyperpac and how your recent mods have improved, like mpg, 1/4 times and so on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, about the only thing left now is to play with the hyperpac and learn of the difference in power programs and the effect they have. That of course will take some time as I have to calculate everything. I of course will keep the forum updated of the latest statistics. So, stay tuned.

·
Registered
366 Posts
is it 3'' of 2.5? arent most units like borla and magnaflow 2.5''? Im curious to know!
Jeep looks AMAZING!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh its 3" all the way. And believe me, it is huge in diameter. And the 4" tip really makes it look gigantic. But its true to its 3". And if it wasn't 4x4, I would probally be have to replace the rear tires once a month due to them lacking any tread. Hmm..wonder what might cause that??.lol..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where did you get it from and how much was it? I had Gibson on my 04 Ram and loved it. This is also one of the few that seems to be a full 3" all the way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine from performance auto warehouse here in Irvine. They actually are built in Corona, CA which is just about 5 miles away from me so they had them drop ship it direct to me. the website is: www.performancecenter.com. I paid 520.71 with free shipping to my door. That also is where I purchased the air intake and hypertech. They will meet and beat a lower price if you find one. Just not form ebay. Go for it. I love mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
jasonb said:
Well, about the only thing left now is to play with the hyperpac and learn of the difference in power programs and the effect they have. That of course will take some time as I have to calculate everything. I of course will keep the forum updated of the latest statistics. So, stay tuned.
JasonB, In regards to your HyperTec HyperPac. Is your HyperPac model# 85007 ??? I was thinking about getting one and wanted to make sure I got the correct one. What do you think of it? Is the monitoring data real time or is it in timed intervals? How about the performance adjustments, any noticeable difference? How is the backlighting at night? (Do you have to manually adjust the brightness, or can it auto dim?) And lastly, Can you download the recorded data to a computer or does it remain on the hyperpac only? Just curious on your thoughts about it since you have had it for awhile. (Sorry to ask so many questions, I know you don't sell em') I looked on the manufacturers site but could find the info I wanted...

By the way (in the photos you posted in the "chrome door handles" post), is that the HyperPac on the suction cup in your upper drivers side windshield?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, that is the hypertech mounted in my upper left windshield. Yes, it is the 85007. The data time is real time. As you have seen, it has all kinds of things you can do. You have to manually adjust the brightness at night, but it is easy to do. You can also change your background to white if you want it. I don't know about the performance yet, as my computer won't respond, so they are sending me a flash for the hyperpac. I should have that this week sometime hopefully, then we will get into some modifying. I will keep you in mind while I look at it. It is expensive, but I think its worth it just for the fact, once you program the computer, you don't have to leave it connected if you don't want to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that is the exhaust perfect. I am very impressed by the sound. great job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info on the HyperPAC. It sounds like it pretty cool. I didn't know that it actually reprograms the computer. I thought that it would only do it's thing when connected. Still wondering about a sync cable for PC use though. Looking at info from the 2006 SEMA show, it looks like that may be a separate addition.

I'm definitely getting the Gibson system. If it is all about maximizing flow, the 3" pipe has to be the way to go. I was previously considering the Borla but since it is only 2.5", like I said bigger has to be better.

Again, thanks for the update. I will look forward to more info on the HyperPac when you get the updated firmware (I'm going to wait until I hear how yours turns out before getting one).

To everyone else sorry if the HyperPac questions where not thread related, I will start a new one next time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks great. This mod is near the top of the list as I have installed the CAI. Might as well go all the way. It looks legit! Congrats. That Pipe is BIG!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is very HUGE> when I received it , I opened the box and almost laughed on the floor because its big. But, it just keep's the factory size all the way back instead of stopping at the cat. I really like the sound and of course the power.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Since you had your wheels off doing this, would you happen to know the hub size? I need to know so I can buy hub rings for my rims on my Commander.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That looks awesome. I plan on installing the Gibson as well just based of the pipe diameter. Do you notice any more noise at cruise? There site says 4-6 decibels. Also I didn't see the resonator in your pictures.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts