Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it went really easy. it took me about 3 hours with hand tools and a grinder.

looks much better,

tomorrow tires, shocks, spacers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Freak'n awesome!

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have some major rubbing issues up front.

and i need to do some work with the rear shock bolts. they are too small for the metal bushings. they knock like hell. i'm going to see if i can get some fatter bolts with the same thread pattern.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one more thing--

has anyone else noticed the rear drivers side control arms hit the gas tank skid plate??? especially those with the 4" lift.

i'm going to have to do some trimming there and hope they don't hit the gas tank.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That is looking sweet. The bumper, lift kit, and tires go together perfect. Let us know how the shocks are and how you stopped the knock.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Lookin good, man! The gas tank and/or skid is definitely limiting some rear flex there. I'd really like to know how the 4" lift people are getting around that.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would really like to have some adjustable rear arms.

the sway bar is really limiting the amount of articulation that can be achieved in the rear.

i'd like to make some quick disconnects for the rear sway bar, get a longer rear brake line, and i think the rear would do really well with suspension travel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
4.7commander said:
i have some major rubbing issues up front.

and i need to do some work with the rear shock bolts. they are too small for the metal bushings. they knock like hell. i'm going to see if i can get some fatter bolts with the same thread pattern.
I had to use washers on the upper shock bolts to build them out in order to stop the knocking. I tightened the crap out of them and they have been fine for several months. Before I would tighten them and go 2 weeks and get the knocking again.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to see some action pics and video with the winch!

·
Registered
564 Posts
4.7commander said:
the UPS lady must hate me!!! oh-well. i'm done getting stuff for awhile.

Here she is...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts