Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this thing up on craigslist. It was only 250. I couldn't pass it up. Planning to add a fuel carrier later on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It actually is welded on. Pictures should be attached. I was worried if the hitch would handle a heavy load, I was able to haul my 1969 Impala around and it did just fine. It doesn't shake because it is welded.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Nice job on your Commander ! ( I like your red sticker on the rear window also)...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks good and the price is even better!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I went to go look at it I had asked him where he got it and who had made it. He replied that it came on his Commander when he had purchased it but his wife wasn't too fond of it. He told me the previous owner of the Commander was a welder and had made it. It is suppose to slide into the hitch but I just welded it on. I had a POS hitch from a trailer company on before. I like this better. So the previous owner of the Commander made just this one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here it goes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You should take that by and let Doc take a look at it, maybe if it is viable he can make knock-offs for people interested in that product.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't mind taking it by to see if he could fab up something. The design seems really simple hopefully it would be reasonably priced to make. I would like to make sure that there is enough interest in it so we don't waste Doc's time.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Very nice. Still hoping someone comes along and makes one that doesn't sit so far away from the hatch. Hitch mount is great because it's "easy", but would LOVE to see something that attaches to the body, a little more flush.

P.S. Off topic, and I know that's a little against the rules here, but what type of sliders are those? They look great.

tj

1 - 20 of 20 Posts