Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody,
I've done some reading about the mygig install in an 06 commander. I'm looking to do the 6 disk nav, rear camera and rear entertainment system.

I've found the rear entertainment system screen to be cheap, but what other parts would I need to make it work?

I'm also looking at around 500 for the 6 disk nav screen. That should be plug and play, but how do I lock pick that model and where can I get the backup cam.

Thanks very much.

And I did research this. If there is a thread that I missed please post it.

Or could someone steer me towards a good aftermarket option that looks stock, is a 6 disk, and will integrate with the rear entertainment center? Also steering wheel controls are a must.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I installed the OEM rear entertainment system in my Commander, I wish I had NOT done it. Here is why: the monitor is too small, the veiwing angle sucks for the second row seats, the options are limited. I would have had a much better system of I had purchased a dash mounted system and installed head rest monitors. JMHO

·
Registered
953 Posts
Definitely go with an aftermarket setup - more flexibility and better pricing!

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bringing this back. Looking at a 56038646AL. found one at a good price. Is this a good option? Could I find something newer that will work with a 2006?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Bringing this back. Looking at a 56038646AL. found one at a good price. Is this a good option? Could I find something newer that will work with a 2006?
You can put a MyGIG unit in a 2006 if you buy a Lockpick adapter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts