Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post! I recently purchased my 1st commander (fan girling for years). I’ve gotten myself in a position financially where I can take the commander make it a weekend driver and trail rig. It has a spacer lift currently, but I’m pulling it off and going to install an OME HD. I’ve ordered the full deluxe kit from RRO to include UCA’s, shocks, springs, struts, ect. My question is: while I have it broke down anyway and there any other components I should go ahead and change? I’ve got roters and brakes already on standby, but I’m referring to suspension or driveline components that are likely or prone to fail. The Jeep is a 2010 with 118,000. I’ve got around $1k set aside just for these parts. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have a nice plan for your rig. Are you planning to upgrade your tires also?
Yes and no. It current has 275 65 18 on a stock chrome skinned commander wheels. I plan to ditch those for a set of Rubicon take offs and end up with 265 70 17 or so

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the adjustable sway bars, track bar and stabilizer bars. How important are they? Is swapping the bushings on these parts sufficient for trail riding?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would replace the upper a-arms with Rocky Road Outfitters or JBA Offroad’s to fix the upper ball joint angle. But it is easy for me to spend your money 😄

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would replace the upper a-arms with Rocky Road Outfitters or JBA Offroad’s to fix the upper ball joint angle. But it is easy for me to spend your money 😄
I ordered the UCA’s with the kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts