Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
i only scanned it quick but it looks like they definitely id their hw. also thanks for the reminder its time to change mine and i have 6 QTs of M1 in the garage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is from another article with user responses.

Look a hear guys....my first cousin is a chemical engineer with with EXXON/MOBIL and does know a bit about such things as synthetic products....look, he has told me that one cannot destroy this stuff!!!! Change the filter...WIX, and add a quart every 3000+ miles or so. I get nervous and do a complete drain every 18K and it just as clean as I can see....moved complete drain to 24K and still clean. Both vehicles are 2004 Tahoe and 2004 Silverado....with K&N air filters on each vehicle as well as Mobil 1 synthetic oil, fuel economy increased by almost 3.9 miles per gallon on the Silverado and 3.3 mpg on the Tahoe.....same drivetrain....3.73 rear ratio...trailer towing pkg.
One thing I've heard is that UPS NEVER changes their oil. They simply change the filters and add oil as needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amsoil Synthetic

Synthetic oils provide superior protection at extended drain/change intervals. I've been a devoted user of Amsoil products for a few years now, using it in every motorized vehicle and toy ( KTM motorcycle, Can Am ATV, Honda Pressure washer etc..) Their axle lubes are superior, and all of their products are tested against nearly every product available out there, and those tests are documented and available to the consumer, and some of them you can download off the website. www.amsoil.com Another added benefit that they provide is an increase in fuel mileage, when using the combination of engine oil, trans fluid and axle fluids. Their website has a very easy to use drop down vehicle selector which provides all proper fluids, filters, and capacities for your specific vehicle. Their technical department is excellent at responding to any questions regarding the use of their products, and many popular questions are available online. I don't use any other products anymore, it's Amsoil throughout in our Commander, my 1990 Subaru ( getting 30mpg!!) and my Cummins diesel Dodge Ram (20MPG) Love it!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I just went over 10,000 miles and plan to switch to Mobil One when I do my next oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts