Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

What are your go-to interior cleaning products?

I have the exterior washed once a month but will admit, I do not take proper care of the interior. As a result, the dust shows and new car smell is fading. Not only am I looking for the best prducts to clean, but also the products that will help maintain my commander.

I'm not a huge fan of the shine that armor all products leave so looking for your personal product suggestions to clean the interior (leather seats, weather-tech floormats, vinyl dash, door jams, electronic console etc).

Thanks in adv for any help

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
My theory to keeping the interior clean and fresh is just to really make sure it's clean, and not leave any "cleaning" residue. I'll wipe everything down with just a damp towel on a regular basis to keep the dust off, and just use a little dish soap if there's a bad spot (like the fruitsnacks I've forbade the kids to have). I've really taken a liking to using my wifes dishwasher for parts too; great for the rubber cupholder, door sill trim, and occationally the rear A/C vents. The final touch is Black Magic tire shine for pretty much everything but the leather - leaves nice, rich, long lasting color on the plastics (especially black), but isn't shiny at all. Surprisingly it makes the "diamond plate" trim look great too!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You say that you don't like Armor-All. I don't either ( kinda ) . I don't like the traditional spray bottle stuff because it is too much and leaves a residue that attracts dust. I do use Armor-All wipes though. They have just the right amount of product on them and are a lot easier to use, no spray on the glass. Usually I don't have to " clean " first, just wipe down with a damp cloth. If it's really dirty, like after wheelin' , I use some window cleaner that we have at work. There's no use in telling you the brand because you can't buy it . :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts