Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the interior handles on my 2006, but I have the dark brown seats and cannot figure out the door panel color, need some help.

Below is a picture of the interior.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same color and couldnt find a match. Even if you do find a match it still wont be perfect due to panels naturally fading overtime. I did find these that come real close to matching the grey part of the interior and doesnt look to bad in my opinion once installed. However I will say that these door handles do work....but they have issues like they wont come with instructions, you need to be SUPER careful drilling out the plastic rivets, not all the screws will catch and hold to the panels plastic, and lastly the little plastic piece connecting the actual handle to the metal bar will break right away. So re-use the original ones. There are work arounds to all these problems though. Theres youtube to find out how to put these on, just go super slow drilling out the rivets and check often. It does not take much at all to remove enough plastic to remove the original handle. You only need 3 or 4 screws in the right spots to secure the new handle in place. I used some superglue for attaching and placing the other screws that were close to working. The little plastic piece connecting the handle to the door mechanism is easy to remove from these new handles, to easy, and thats why they break after 2 uses. The stock ones will come out, but are made out of very durable plastic and will be a pain to remove. All 4 doors took me about an hour and a half to do and the color is close enough that unless you look and observe it, you would think its stock. Hope this helps. If I remember ill try to take a pic of my car tomorrow and show what they look like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same color and couldnt find a match. Even if you do find a match it still wont be perfect due to panels naturally fading overtime. I did find these that come real close to matching the grey part of the interior and doesnt look to bad in my opinion once installed. However I will say that these door handles do work....but they have issues like they wont come with instructions, you need to be SUPER careful drilling out the plastic rivets, not all the screws will catch and hold to the panels plastic, and lastly the little plastic piece connecting the actual handle to the metal bar will break right away. So re-use the original ones. There are work arounds to all these problems though. Theres youtube to find out how to put these on, just go super slow drilling out the rivets and check often. It does not take much at all to remove enough plastic to remove the original handle. You only need 3 or 4 screws in the right spots to secure the new handle in place. I used some superglue for attaching and placing the other screws that were close to working. The little plastic piece connecting the handle to the door mechanism is easy to remove from these new handles, to easy, and thats why they break after 2 uses. The stock ones will come out, but are made out of very durable plastic and will be a pain to remove. All 4 doors took me about an hour and a half to do and the color is close enough that unless you look and observe it, you would think its stock. Hope this helps. If I remember ill try to take a pic of my car tomorrow and show what they look like.

Thank you very much, that's extremely helpful. Do you know what is the actual name of the color?

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
I need to replace the interior handles on my 2006, but I have the dark brown seats and cannot figure out the door panel color, need some help.

Thanks in advance.
@Juan J;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Had you read this first, you would have seen the information that's provided, explaining how you can pull your factory build sheet;

Your factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your Commander had installed from the factory when it was built. It will also tell you your interior & exterior colors.

Just enter your VIN here: FCA RAM

·
Premium Member
32 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum Juan! Good to see new Commander drivers coming here for info, advice and conversation. Occasional grumpy welcomes aside, you’ve come to the right place for keeping your Commander in shape.

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
Welcome to the forum Juan! Good to see new Commander drivers coming here for info, advice and conversation. Occasional grumpy welcomes aside, you’ve come to the right place for keeping your Commander in shape.
I laughed out-loud when I read that @dallas70.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I laughed out-loud when I read that @dallas70.
Ha!...just tryin’ to keep it light so folks will keep coming back here with questions/solutions that the rest of us can benefit from. Absolute wealth of money-and-time-saving information here. Thanks for helping to keep it flowing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Juan J; Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as directed in order to comply with the forum rules;

Had you have done this first (As you should have) You would have read the information that's provided explaining how you can pull your factory build sheet; The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your Commander had installed from the factory when it was built. It will also tell you your interior & exterior colors.

Just enter your VIN here: FCA RAM
Thank you very much
Thank you for the welcome @Dallas 70, I'll keep the grumpiness away from the Group.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you very much, that's extremely helpful. Do you know what is the actual name of the color?

I believe its just called grey with chrome or something like that. But here are 2 pics of mine. They dont match 100%, but close enough that it doesnt look out of place in my opinion.

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
I believe its just called grey with chrome or something like that. But here are 2 pics of mine. They dont match 100%, but close enough that it doesnt look out of place in my opinion.
View attachment 41742
View attachment 41743
I believe the darker interior color is actually called Dark Slate gray - but again, your build sheet should tell you that.

Did you take 2 minutes to pull your build sheet yet?

·
Administrator
6,824 Posts
Thank you
@Juan J;

2nd request now;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts