Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to add some LED accent lighting.. Here's the results thus far:

The LEDs come in strips (on the slow boat from China) and are wired into a wireless 12v remote so that they can be turned on as required.

I plan to add more in the rear of the vehicle as time goes by....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, here's a few.. First up, the locations of the LEDs to date:

Left to right - in the compartment below and to the left of the steering wheel, behind the steering wheel, in the compartment between the power outlets, and in the compartment above the glove box.

View with the flash on. The wireless remote is on the center storage box lid.

Crappy shot, but here's some of the LEDs kinda crappily mounted. These were the first I tried.

The LEDs. They come in a spool of 15', they can be cut every three LEDs to make a strip as long as you need, basically. Pre-wired (with resistors) for 12vdc, just solder and go.

I get them on eBay; here's a typical listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BF-5M-500CM-Blue-3528-SMD-LED-Strip-Light-Lamp-300-leds-/330605816459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf9a46a8b#ht_3804wt_952

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering where exactly you wired them into? Im working on a project like this myself and I would like to be able to turn them on and off if possible due to legal issues. Also, How did you mount them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just installed LEDs in my Commander to replace all the interior lights. They look great but are pretty bright. Bought them on eBay at a good price and were easy to install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts