Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 06 limited yesterday and on the drive home it got dark ... and that's when I noticed no backlighting on the cruise control controls in the steering wheel and no lights on the sun visor/vanity mirrors.

Is it possible for me to pickup some with the lights and plug & play?

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
I picked up an 06 limited yesterday and on the drive home it got dark ... and that's when I noticed no backlighting on the cruise control controls in the steering wheel and no lights on the sun visor/vanity mirrors.

Is it possible for me to pickup some with the lights and plug & play?
The steering wheel controls are not lighted, but there should be lights on the vanity mirrors. Maybe they are burned out or a fuse is blown.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The little punch lights up near my head turn on.
I thought that that vanity lights would be on the same "dome light" fuse circuit? ... if they actually light up.

It was dark as heck and I didn't see lights on the mirrors ... I'll look again after lunchtime.

Do any of the models have lit cruise controls on the wheel?
I'm not past swapping entire wheels if need be but was hoping the controls themselves could possibly be popped out of the wheel and swapped over.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I verified that I have no lighting on the sun visor mirrors ... but I'm pretty sure that has to be an option.
Right?

If so, would that be a simple as plug and play if I find some on ebay/parts yard?

I'm also noticing there is no central dome light and no map lights on my front overhead console.
Was that ever an option and if so same question about plug and play.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks guys.

I verified that I have no lighting on the sun visor mirrors ... but I'm pretty sure that has to be an option.
Right?

If so, would that be a simple as plug and play if I find some on ebay/parts yard?

I'm also noticing there is no central dome light and no map lights on my front overhead console.
Hard to tell without checking to see if there is wiring there already

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Right?
If you have an '06 Limited you should have lighted vanity mirrors

There is no overhead dome light except in the 3rd row/cargo area. The first 2 rows just have the lights above the doors. A dome light was not an option.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just hit your lights above the doors. What are you checking in your vanity mirrors @ night anyways? Fixing your lipstick? :stickpoke:

:icon_razz:
No. More for the ladies on the passenger side.

Looks like mine is not a limited then as I definitely do not have lights in there.
I poked around for a wire with the visors removed but didn't see anything.

Also removed the a pillar and didn't see any wiring (but did see a tube of some sort. maybe rear wiper fluid?)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

Looks like mine is not a limited then as I definitely do not have lights in there.

Also removed the a pillar and didn't see any wiring (but did see a tube of some sort. maybe rear wiper fluid?)
I don't have sunroof's but I know that they have a drain. That may be it.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts

If it's a blue tube, that is the sunroof drain tube.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts