Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: Hello I have and 06 Commander I added an Auto Page alarm a month ago at a local audio shop that I always take my cars to. Well this weekend I decided to change out my factory head unit to an new JVC unit with DVD at another shop, all was fine till I got home and realized when I close the door the radio would stay on after I got out of the truck and locked the doors, and when I opened the door my interior lights are also not working but if I open the passenger side door the interior lights come on. And also after shutting off the vehicle if I open the passenger side door the radio shuts off the way it supposed to. Well to make a long story short I took my jeep back to the shop that installed the new head unit they check everything out and said its noting to do with the head unit that the shop that installed my alarm did something wrong but the this all started when I installed the radio I had this alarm for a month with no problem. So I when back to the shop that installed my alarm and was told that the radio is not installed correctly and that will cause a problem and they need to wire it correctly. Well both shops are blaming each other. Well I wanted to see if someone could shed some light on this. This sound pretty weird to me. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well the problem was found by the shop that installed the radio looks like the shop I usually deal with cut into one of the wires that connect to the door switch at the drivers side. They fixed it no charge. All is working. Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Weird...
Thanks for posting the answer and not leaving us hanging!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts