Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all, The latest in my saga to keep my 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L on the road is the key fob operates intermittently, meaning sometimes the fob will unlock and sometimes will not unlock causing me to open the door with a key and sounding the alarm till I place the key in the ignition and turn on, then the alarm is silenced. Then sometimes the fob will lock the vehicle and sometimes will not lock lock the vehicle causing me to use the electric button on the door to lock the vehicle.
To try and solve the fob issue I purchased two new keys and had an expert come out to my house for cutting the keys and program the new keys to my vehicle using the Pin Code and Key Code provided by Chrysler. This worked two years ago when I purchased the vehicle. However, the expert had some problems this time.

1. His computer was unable to program new keys
  2. Computer was unable to communicate with the new key fob
  3. He checked to assure a signal was being sent from the fob to the vehicle and the fob was sending a signal but still no communication with the vehicle
  4. Old key still works to start engine and sometimes lock and unlock key
  5. Vehicle has a non-working remote start system with the fuses removed and has not worked since I purchased the vehicle two years ago so I am thinking the remote system is not the problem
  6. Key expert tried several things to program the new keys but had to stop after one hour due to not making any progress.
  7. Any suggestions?
Best regards, Fish4drum

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Greetings fellow Commander owners, This is to provide you actions I took to solve my key Fob issue, listed up top. After consulting with a master mechanic, he advised me to visit dealer for their input. I purchased a new Jeep key and two aftermarket keys, the dealer programs up to 4 keys. All the problems are fixed. Now, even my back window opens with key Fob. No more waking up neighbors with alarm going off.

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts