Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this problem? Sometimes the middle brake light on the top of the tailgate works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems the colder it is, the less likely it is to work. Searched the postings here, haven't found anything like it.

If the Commander sits in the sun, chances are it will work. I took it apart. There's some sort of little circuit board as part of the assembly. If I knudge the board, the light comes on. I'm thinking of just putting a shim in there and see if that works.

I'm getting tired of finding buildings with good reflective windows to back up to see if it's working. It's kind of a pain and my co-workers think I'm obsessed, which I am.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
LOL I was just gonna say I cant tell if I have the problem cause I hit the brakes jump out and look and they are always off.

I never thought to look at mine but since its cold here I will take a gander.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have the same probem with the signal indicators ... I put the signal on ... get out and look at them ... and every time they are

Working ...

Not Working ...

Working ...

Not Working ...

Working ...

Not Working ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha ha, some really intelligent responses. . .

I wouldn't care except for not wanting to get a ticket for it not working and the fact that nearly all my console lights have burned out too. What's next? The engine burning out?

I'll try the shim and see how it goes.

Can't complain too much. It is one awesome Jeep, but I have been eyeing that four door Wrangler limited too . . .

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Ha ha ha, some really intelligent responses. . .

I wouldn't care except for not wanting to get a ticket for it not working and the fact that nearly all my console lights have burned out too. What's next? The engine burning out?

I'll try the shim and see how it goes.

Can't complain too much. It is one awesome Jeep, but I have been eyeing that four door Wrangler limited too . . .
:) .. sorry for the ribbing!

See if the circut board plugs in easy ... I've noticed some of these smaler parts are not to expensive .... might be an easy swap?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have the same probem with the signal indicators ... I put the signal on ... get out and look at them ... and every time they are

Working ...

Not Working ...

Working ...

Not Working ...

Working ...

Not Working ...
You should change to synthetic blinker fluid... :stickpoke::eyemouth:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts