Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Sorry for taking so long to submit my mods. Here are they being used at Barnwell Off road park. It worked great!
A friend of mine helped me to install the 2in. lift (daystar) and 1.5in wheelspacers (spidertrax). I bought a set of 265/70R17 re-threads from www.treadwright.com They are a little bit noisy but the traction is very good! (to be used on a Quadra Trac 1).

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Are there supposed to be some pics ? I don't see anything.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I also dont see any pics....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys

There was a blackout in my neighbourhood right after that message, but couldn't go to sleep before submitting them.

Here are few...

I was lucky because a friend of mine works at a dealer and on a Saturday morning we installed the spacers and lift kit, took us 4hrs.

You'll find out which one is mine by the pics. below
(these were before the off-road tires)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After the new tires

And here they are being tested.

I've created two photo albums: "Huasteca" was a trip to San Luis Potosi (my homestate) in Mexico right after I bought it. Ever since I started to look for a liftkit and tires, but it took me a year to find Jeepcommander.com

The other photo album was before any mods. at Barnwell Off-road Park and that's when I got the warning on my dash "transmission over-temp" when stuck in a rocky and slippery road.

After installing the kit, spacers & tires I went again to the same park and I was VERY HAPPY with the overall performance. Of course, I only went to trails rated 2 since I was by myself with my dad. Never got stuck, didn't scratch underneath and on a very steep hill with loose dirt the QT1 performed excellent with the tires, I really beleived I wouldn't make it. I only have a video for that, I'm working on it.

I will trim the pinch weld this weekend (got tired of the rubbing!)

By the way, I want to thank everyone in the forum, specially to :bowdown:07JeepXK, Phunkeydude, TYMAC, PolarBZ and a49erFan.
I am not very mechanically inclined, but your tips were awesome. Thanks for answering my PM's.

Thanks for your patience, enjoy!:banana_hitit:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pics

More at Barnwell the second time

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And more pics

I have to do it this way, sorry!

The only point of return was the picture with the big hole in the trail, I was trying to convince my dad to go through it and even piled upt some loose rocks, but you know, I ended up convinced by him. It's my only vehicle and didn't have a radio, thus didn't want to waste money trying to flip over my car or getting it out of there.

The left side of the pic shows there was enough space, but that section was very steep and could have caused me to fall on my left side, thus...

I am here telling you about my cool off-road trails touring!

See ya!

Upcoming mods:
Roof basket & Hitch for next year (I'm reparing my house)

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
That XK looks nice! Pics are awesome, thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Owning a Commander should be easier, but noooo. There's too much cool stuff out there to set it apart from the neighbors down the road. Looks good!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those tires look pretty aggressive, and for the price you just cant beat em. I was never really fond of retreds though so let us know how they work out for you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Awesome pics...thanks for sharing. I love to see the XK flex.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just remember there's a little commission due to me when you sell one XK! hehehe

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been running Treadwright D-muds on my Range Rover for about four years now. I cut sidewalls a lot at Superlift in Hot Springs, so I have to run an inexpensive tire. I've made long high speed highway runs to Barnwell and to Disney, OK and I've never had a problem with the tread at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts