Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Mineral Gray Commander, Limited 4.7. It is all stock with 170k miles. I also own a WK with 230k (black 65th Ann edition) with a 3.7 - much more room to work in that engine bay. I do most of my own work - but don't have access to a lift so occasionally have to pay someone else to do it!

Big fan of this forum and have learned a lot just lurking. Looking forward to contributing what little I know!!

TIA for any help you all can give me on my latest project.

Dux

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome! I just picked up a 2007 limited 4.7 myself, in black. It looks like they're more dependable than the standard 3.7l, both in terms of transmission and engine reliability. My brother drives an 06 WK in grey with a grey interior but I'm not a huge fan of the truck -- piss poor gas mileage and pretty weak v6 for not a lot of car. Hopefully these things are easy to work on, I've never owned a jeep.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! I just picked up a 2007 limited 4.7 myself, in black. It looks like they're more dependable than the standard 3.7l, both in terms of transmission and engine reliability. My brother drives an 06 WK in grey with a grey interior but I'm not a huge fan of the truck -- piss poor gas mileage and pretty weak v6 for not a lot of car. Hopefully these things are easy to work on, I've never owned a jeep.
Hi Erik - I find that the 3.7 and 4.7 are pretty close in gas mileage. Average around 17 with the 4.7 and 18/19 with the 3.7. Big difference in the acceleration department though! Also the WK with the 3.7 has the lesser 4x4 set up. Both cars are easy to work on for the most part (especially compared to my third car, an Audi!)

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Hi All!

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Mineral Gray Commander, Limited 4.7. It is all stock with 170k miles. I also own a WK with 230k (black 65th Ann edition) with a 3.7 - much more room to work in that engine bay. I do most of my own work - but don't have access to a lift so occasionally have to pay someone else to do it!

Big fan of this forum and have learned a lot just lurking. Looking forward to contributing what little I know!!

TIA for any help you all can give me on my latest project.

Dux
Welcome to the forum DuxDweller.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your XK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts