Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Names Joe Lynch. Live in Citrus Heights, CA. The Wife and I Just bought the light grey 4x4 sport with a 4.7, all leather. Its being delivered today (we hope). Was a dealer trade.

Plans include but not limited to:

1. 2.25" RR lift
2. 1.5" Spacer adapters
3. 32" Meaties.

Going to be semi Mild as its a Daily for my wife.

I've received alot of good info on this site and look forward to having alot of good conversation on here. I'm a legal assistant that welds in his spare time. So if anything breaks give me a holler and I might be able to stitch it back up.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome Spidermonkey10, Lots of great information and people here. Learn to use the search button well and you will be surprised at the information available.

Just opened a new discussion group today on Suspensions and tires which will get you started in the right direction for all three mods you listed.

·
2,248 Posts
Hey Spidermonkey. Would you happen to be a member of the Sierra Ridge Riders?
Or maybe know Joe and Nellie Malloy. Joe had the older lifted jeep with the off road light covers that say "Go" on one and "JO" on the other. They live in Citrus Heights.
Welcome anyway.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi Joe! Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and people here!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys n galz.

Hueypilot- I do not know them. New to the 4x4 thing. Have been doing hot rods n VW/baja bugs for years. Financially things are much better so we are upgrading into the big leagues now. So are there some clubs in the Sacramento/Citrus heights area?

P.S., other things we are into is Rockclimbing, Hiking, Mountainbiking, etc.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Spidermonkey10 said:
So are there some clubs in the Sacramento/Citrus heights area?
Nothing has developed in Northern Cali yet but keep an eye on the trail ride section, you never know what might pop up.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome To The Site!

·
2,248 Posts
There has been several 4X4 clubs in the Sacto area. I used to do several of the trails with the Sierra Ridge Riders. Mostly a club of related people and mostly wranglers, flat fenders and such. You might look them up, they would welcome a Commander. They do the Rubicon, Dusey-Ersham and Kaiser Pass type of trails. Good people, the older members will remember this gypsy. They all also run Gold Miner hood ornaments so you can spot them that way also.

They also do rock climbing, but they do it without getting out of the Jeep...lol..rock climbing,,going up waterfalls...over and down cliffs

They sometimes do mountain bikes too, They use them for traction under the wheels on steep climbs. We have a member, (Phunkeydude) that does the same thing with Pink Jeeps. Ask him sometime. Again Welcome, most of these guys will tell you the truth.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Spidermonkey10 said:
thanks guys n galz.

Hueypilot- I do not know them. New to the 4x4 thing. Have been doing hot rods n VW/baja bugs for years. Financially things are much better so we are upgrading into the big leagues now. So are there some clubs in the Sacramento/Citrus heights area?

P.S., other things we are into is Rockclimbing, Hiking, Mountainbiking, etc.

I was big into the baja bugs/sand rails and class a jumpers for a long time. Now I am back with the Jeeps and loving it. At least with the baja bugs, you could beat the crap out of them and it didn't cost near as much to repair them! :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
welcome spidermonkey10. congrats on the our new purchase. can't wait to see pics. to make your commander official you have to purchase the jeepcommander.com forum sticker/decal for your ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts