Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Florida

I've been lurking for quite awhile, so might be time to post a short introduction..

I own a 06 XK limited. Eariler this year I was fortunate enough to experience the infamous seat valve drop in the hemi
Instead of cutting ties with the ol girl, I sent her to stay with an old cuban guy and his shop, in FT lauderdale for a much needed vacation. When I picked her up, she just wasn't the same.. She was better.. stronger.. faster.. Wait something is wrong, No tick? It can't be? All hemi motors tick? I was confused?? was this a joke, is the hemi tick a conspiracy? Hmm..

I don't know what the old guy did to her** but not only did he return the "spark" to her, he gave me renewed intrest in her. It's almost like Rupert Holmes was in my driveway singing "Escape"***
Anyway now that she is on her 2nd life, I'm finally enjoying her for her.

**I know what he did, but for the sake of the story above let's pretend I didn't
***aka the piña coloda song

Anyway thanks for reading my intro

·
Registered
309 Posts
Refreshed motor, refreshed life!

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the welcome replies, bigblue, I'm in New Smyrna, which is a couple of three hours north of Hollywood, There wasn't anyone local I felt could do what i was asking, So i chose to flat bed the old girl down south to an old builder who had a great deal of experience with the gen 3 hemi motors.

Next up is suspension... Will be doing that myself, have everything on hand but time lol

Thanks again for the welcomes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am Jamal, I have 2008 commander 5.7L HEMI
Battery Light On Off and On again every day. I replaced Alternator Battery light still on and off.
It comes on specially when I use seat heater and Heater blower etc. Also I tested with mechanic he checked my Battery and Alternator he
they are fine but you have a computer problem reason he said is when he tested the alternator and battery the multimeter jumping up and
down 16 volt to 14 volt up and down can any body help. thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Hi I am Jamal, I have 2008 commander 5.7L HEMI
Battery Light On Off and On again every day. I replaced Alternator Battery light still on and off.
It comes on specially when I use seat heater and Heater blower etc. Also I tested with mechanic he checked my Battery and Alternator he
they are fine but you have a computer problem reason he said is when he tested the alternator and battery the multimeter jumping up and
down 16 volt to 14 volt up and down can any body help. thanks
Are you receiving any diagnostic trouble codes in the dash-cluster?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts