Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a quick sprint at the "mudpit", started showing off to some Wrangler club till they invited us to tag along, man it was AWESOME!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pics for your enjoyment....:banana_hitit:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
It is always fun to get out with the wranglers and show them what a Commander is capable of.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Great pics! Looks like your kid is having fun! I love that green color on the Commander. Them Mickey Thompson's look sweet to!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the compliments!!! Yeah, my boy was getting tired of going through all the same stuff at the mudpit so when the Wrangler crew took us to their own secluded little trails (new pinstripes added, thank you very much) he shouts "Now this is some off-road action"!!! Well, no, I didn't try the pipes, I wasn't too sure my bumper would clear. I'll give it a shot next time though. Needless to say that the only obstacle that I couldn't clear was a VERY steep uphill climb. I just could not for the life of me get a good enough bite. There was a Hummer that came along also and they didn't even try that one! I'll get it next time though, I wish I had a spotter, that would really help:)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Commander stretching it's legs and a nice gentleman's (I believe his name was Carl) Pride and Joy. He's the guy in one of the previous pics. He said we should stop putting money into the XK and instead buy a toy!!! LOL!!!:rofl::bowdown::stickpoke:!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thank you all for the compliments!!! Yeah, my boy was getting tired of going through all the same stuff at the mudpit so when the Wrangler crew took us to their own secluded little trails (new pinstripes added, thank you very much) he shouts "Now this is some off-road action"!!! Well, no, I didn't try the pipes, I wasn't too sure my bumper would clear. I'll give it a shot next time though. Needless to say that the only obstacle that I couldn't clear was a VERY steep uphill climb. I just could not for the life of me get a good enough bite. There was a Hummer that came along also and they didn't even try that one! I'll get it next time though, I wish I had a spotter, that would really help:)
DID you have the ESP full off? I had a 3.7 for a couple years and went up some very steep climbs....but only with the ESP full off and usually had to let the Brake traction control help it grab on both sides of the diffs.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DID you have the ESP full off? I had a 3.7 for a couple years and went up some very steep climbs....but only with the ESP full off and usually had to let the Brake traction control help it grab on both sides of the diffs.
I thought I did because I had the throttle to the floor and was slinging dirt everywhere. However, I did notice that I could'nt get any throttle response at times also, I probably turned off the truck before this obstacle and forgot to turn the ESP back off:ugh2: I wanna go try it again, my little bro just got himself a Tacoma and now he wants to go play too!!:)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A couple of pics from this past Sunday, we went and then hightailed it out of there as soon as the stupid Cholo's and wannabe Cartel idiots showed up.:cowfrown:

They start drinkin' and pull out their AR 15's, and such and just start shooting freakin' randomly. I hate it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
way to go powerslave!! It's always good to see the 3.7 hanging with the big boys!:):)
"Everything you can do I can do better...":)

Gotta love that JEEP Green!!!:woot:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts