Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long over due I know. Here are some pictures when I first bought it back in April 2006.

A lift kit, tires and some other mods

Covered the one I was worried about. haha

With the GetLost bumper

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I pay the insurance 1 year at a time and just keep an eye on my license. I will be home in 10 days for 3 weeks. Starting my sixth year in Iraq I have developed email relationships with most places as far as my Jeep, House etc. Everybody is pretty cool.

I am planning to add those Rustys spacers on my struts, the LOCKPIC and, rear and forward cam and hooking my Nav up watch TV on. Cant wait to get my hands on it!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Thanks for opening your garage to us, Your Commander has always been one of my favorites.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I like the two lights on the stinger, where did you get that idea? :)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I absolutely love your commander. Can I make the assumption that you have a lot of rubbing with those huge tires? Also what kind of job do you have that would keep you in Iraq for 6 years? I spent 2 years there while serving in the Army!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It only rubs when I backing up and cranked hard to either side and even at that, its barely noticeable. When I lifted mine, I copied Superlifts, same wheel and tire combo so maybe that helped. I work for KBR, having been in Iraq I am sure you have heard of them. I work with Force Provider and RFID.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It only rubs when I backing up and cranked hard to either side and even at that, its barely noticeable. When I lifted mine, I copied Superlifts, same wheel and tire combo so maybe that helped. I work for KBR, having been in Iraq I am sure you have heard of them. I work with Force Provider and RFID.
Yes I'm familiar with KBR.

What is the width and back spacing of those wheels?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where were you located when you were over here?

Not sure on the backspacing. I can email the shop and ask them if you like. They are American Racing 18" SKAR 616s. with Kumho KL78 325/60R18 tires.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Where were you located when you were over here?

Not sure on the backspacing. I can email the shop and ask them if you like. They are American Racing 18" SKAR 616s. with Kumho KL78 325/60R18 tires.
My first deployment was OIF I and spent the entire 12 months in Mosul, Iraq.

The second deployment was OIF III and spent 9 months at FOB Kalsu (south of Baghdad) and the other 3 months back in Mosul.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts