Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my commander a couple of months and have finally gotten around to trying to hook up my iphone to my mygig sirius radio through the factory supplied cord in the glovebox...However, when I hook up my iphone 3g to the radio, the radio does not recognize that anything is hooked up to it. I would like to be able to use this feature with my iphone if possible but thought that there might be some programming issues between apple and the radio. Has anyone had this problem or know the answer?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't have the myGig but what is plugged into your iphone? Just the headphone jack? If so, it can only sense that it's there if you've got music playing through it and it's loud enough for the radio to pick up. The system I have in the jeep turns my ipod input off if it's too quiet. It gets really annoying.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know my factory radio is different than yours. I don't have sirius radio. I have to switch my radio to one of the DVD outputs for my iPhone to play through the stereo. It plugs into the bottom of my phone so the Jeep charges the phone as well.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts