Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Iphone intergration kit a couple of days ago. The entire install took about 1 hour. Apple must have fixed the charging issue with an update. The Iphone charges and I can control the ipod through the steering controls. Here are some pics. The phone fits in the top cubby perfect. I removed the dash, 16 bolts, and pulled out the stereo. I drilled a small hole in the cubby to run the Iphone cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
What version iPhone do you have? Do you have a link or part # for the integration kit?

·
Registered
378 Posts
They didn't "fix" anything, there isn't anything to fix. The newer iPhones don't have a 12V charging pin, so they must be charged via the 5 volt pin. You either have an older iPhone or you got a newer wire capable of charging via the 5 volt pin.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Very nice. Who makes the integration kit?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is that the exact one you bought, from that exact place? They don't advertise that particular unit as being capable of charging 3G or newer iPhones, but it's possible that they've already moved out all the old stock but haven't updated their webpage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the Iphone intergration kit a couple of days ago. The entire install took about 1 hour. Apple must have fixed the charging issue with an update. The Iphone charges and I can control the ipod through the steering controls. Here are some pics. The phone fits in the top cubby perfect. I removed the dash, 16 bolts, and pulled out the stereo. I drilled a small hole in the cubby to run the Iphone cable.
rubncrazy --

I have an 06 Commander with factory NAV. I also have the VES rear entertainment system. I was looking at their website and it says that if you install their ipod adapter system, you'll lose the audio from the rear dvd system. I was wondering if you have a rear dvd system or not. I have purchased headphones for my kids but I really don't want to HAVE to removed the functionality of having audio going through the sound system.

Just let me know......

Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
What do you need to know? It replaces the VES input to the radio so the only way to maintain it is to do the modification they also mention on their website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I got the newer wire capable of charging via the 5 volt pin. The phone is 4 months old.

They didn't "fix" anything, there isn't anything to fix. The newer iPhones don't have a 12V charging pin, so they must be charged via the 5 volt pin. You either have an older iPhone or you got a newer wire capable of charging via the 5 volt pin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, that is the exact one, from the exact site. I purchased all of the extra stuff to make sure I was able to charge but I didn't need anything else. When you plug in the adapter the Iphone has a pop-up that says it's not supported for receiving calls. It charges and there isn't any issues.

Is that the exact one you bought, from that exact place? They don't advertise that particular unit as being capable of charging 3G or newer iPhones, but it's possible that they've already moved out all the old stock but haven't updated their webpage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I don't have any rear DVD system. I threw away the package that probably had some information in it about the VES.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts