Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well what I did was swap out with my sisters radio out of her 06 jeep cherokee that had an aux input right on the radio and she has a in-dash 6 disc changer. So I would find some to swap it out with. I dont know why they didn't put it in the commander.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
A couple of options...

* If you have the rear-seat video, you can use the aux plugs for that.

* Swap out the factory radio from a 2005 - 2007 Jeep WK or XK, Dodge Durango or Magnum or Charger, or a Chrysler 300 that has an aux input.

* You could purchase an aftermarket controller: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KMhm4XJz1bI/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227450&I=108DP1US

* You could use an FM transmitter. This will not work well if you live in area where the radio dial is crowded with stations.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ummmm, My commander has an AUX input??? I have the base radio (single disc) with sat and the Boston acoustic amp and speaker package added. But I do have an aux in.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I thought all of the Commanders came with aux input no matter the radio.

I which case you buy a short cable to plug in from ipod spkr out to aux in on stereo and your good to go.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The current (2006 and 2007) navigation system doesn't have an aux input on the front. This will change for 2008 (figures!) so the only aux input you have is if you have the rear seat video package also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
JEEPPARTSMAN said:
Jeep Has Come Out With An Ipod Interface Adapter Part#82210181.it Costs About $135.00 That You Can Get Form Your Dealer.it Will Run Throw The Glove Box And Out You May Need To Find A Holder For It.:)
That doesn't work in CAN B systems....I have one in my Liberty...yes it works well, but not in my WK or XK.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts