Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues playing my ipod via the aux connection on the VES. Has anyone else had issues? I got it to work once so far. I cannot get to the VES 'tab' via the mode button. I tried it from both the remote and from the radio. I'm not a complete idiot, at least I don't think so. I expected this to be pretty simple and kinda plug-n-play. I am going to try another cable, but I am not hopeful. any suggestions?:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are not an idiot, cause its a little tricky.
I have that problem too.
The Ipod has a signal-level, which is to low for VES. So it dont notice the Ipod and you cant change to VES.
But it works when the ipod is set to max volume. You have to try some times.
Another method is to give a video signal to VES (e.g.video ipod).
good luck
Matthias

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I tried today with a different cable and the volume up. My original cable was for audio and video so I could play movies and shows on the VES. I will try that cable with full volume and see. Thanks for the reply chevyunger. Cheers!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same problem before I got my IPOD intergration kit.

I ended up using my wifes old IPOD charger/cradle that had a line level out jack on it. I just plugged in the 3.5mm jack to RCA wire into that and it worked fine. It seemed never to sound right plugged in that way though....

The IPOD intergration kit is key!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I had the same problem this weekend. It was my first attempt to hook up my Zune to the aux jacks. I couldn't figure it out, but reading this thread did the trick. I turned the volume all the way up on the Zune and suddenly it was recognized. Sound quality was very clear.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I've done the same thing Milkman did with a Belkin charger/adapter and it works fine. Will get the FM bounded Ipod kit at some point since I don't want to lose my Sirius presets.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had issues with this, I turned the Volume on the MP3 player to max , still nothing.

then the4 Jeep had the trailer electrics fitted and the dealer starscanned it, there were 2 VES modules with a problem, the dealer changed these under warranty and Voila working input sockets

·
Registered
717 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
I've done the same thing Milkman did with a Belkin charger/adapter and it works fine. Will get the FM bounded Ipod kit at some point since I don't want to lose my Sirius presets.
My Sirius presets are still there. I have the can bus kit.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Jeeper64 said:
My Sirius presets are still there. I have the can bus kit.
And they remain after switching between Sirius & Ipod? The literature says that the presets don't work with the CANBUS iPod installed. If they work, then I'd rather do that, better control of the iPod and better sound.

·
Registered
717 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
And they remain after switching between Sirius & Ipod? The literature says that the presets don't work with the CANBUS iPod installed. If they work, then I'd rather do that, better control of the iPod and better sound.
They remain...I was somewhat surprised myself...I read the same literature...Then I started snooping around on some of the other forums...There seems to be a split of the folks who lost thier presets and those that still have them. I wonder if it has anything to do with the head unit installed...I wouldn't think that it would considering the Sirius unit is separate from the head unit.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Which head unit do you have? I have the REC NAV unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts