Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Commander CRD based in Europe. Currently have my summer tyres on the stock rims and am running winter tyres on a set of 17 2006 Grand Cherokee rims which seem fine (but I think the offset is slightly different though). I run the winter tyres nomally end of Nov to end March (sometimes a bit later). I'm currently running 245 winter tyres, but when I replace them I was wondering about using 225 65 17s. I know most folks go bigger but for a proper snow tyre I think I would prefer thinner. Any reason why I should not do this? Apart from aesthetic appearance. It looks like they come in 106H which I think should be OK. Will normal rims take a 225 OK? I don't want them coming off the rim! Many thanks Ian

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I understand wanting a narrower tire for less flotation on snow, the stock 245's are pretty narrow to begin with. The wk's do come from the factory with 235's however.

I have 255's on a 9" wide wheel (stock is 7.5") and I have to run a pretty high air pressure to get tire wear to a minimum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts